How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Your Own Question
Michael, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 58
Experience:  Experienced Business Lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Michael is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Id like to know how can I open the import, export and business

Customer Question

I'd like to know how can I open the import, export and business in the New York or Boston, how is the law to foreign people from Brazil, like me, do it?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Michael replied 5 years ago.
Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a business law attorney with experience in all aspects of business law. I'll do my best to assist you.

If you wanted to own the US business, you could do so as a foreign national by setting up an LLC. That would allow a foreigner to own the company and still provide the benefits of pass-through taxation in the US.

You would file with the Secretary of State in the state you want to register. If you need assistance, a business attorney or a business registration company would be able to help you.

You would still need to get a visa if you wished to come to the US, and you would not be able to work for pay in the US without a work permit. You would be able to receive the profits of the company though. An immigration attorney would be able to help you if you had any visa or work permit questions.

I hope this answer has been helpful. I'd be happy to further clarify my response and follow up with any other questions. If you're satisfied with my answer, remember to hit the "accept" button. Bonuses and positive feedback are always appreciated! -Michael
Michael and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Michael, how are you now? I need some information about open an import and export small company here.
I have a Business and turist Visa for 10 years. Is possible I open this company with this Visa?
I need to know the USA laws about import and export companies, could you help me?
where can I make a research about it?
Who could informe me about the total ammount that I need start a small company?
How many time I need to open? What documents is necessary to open this company in the USA? I need more information that you can send me.