How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i sold a car awhile ago, signed over the title, bill of sale

This answer was rated:

i sold a car awhile ago, signed over the title, bill of sale and everything. now they are wanting to sue me because they lost the title before registering it and want me to get them a new one. i live in Washington state, am i legally responsible?

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Business litigation attorney here to assist you.


No, it's not your responsibility to take care of this for them. They can apply for a lost title through the state department of motor vehicles and get a replacement certificate of title.

Roger and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you