Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I reside in GA. A relative gave me a car as a gift. The title

is in my name free...
I reside in GA. A relative gave me a car as a gift. The title is in my name free and clear and the car is registered in my name. Me and this relative had an argument and now they want to go to court to take the car back. Can they do this? We have no written contracts or agreements.
3/4/2012
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Business litigation attorney here to assist you.

No. Once the title is transferred to you and it is registered in your name, it is 100% yours and if you don't owe anything to them for the vehicle, there's no legal way that they make you return the vehicle.

Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney