How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I reside in GA. A relative gave me a car as a gift. The title

This answer was rated:

I reside in GA. A relative gave me a car as a gift. The title is in my name free and clear and the car is registered in my name. Me and this relative had an argument and now they want to go to court to take the car back. Can they do this? We have no written contracts or agreements.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Business litigation attorney here to assist you.


No. Once the title is transferred to you and it is registered in your name, it is 100% yours and if you don't owe anything to them for the vehicle, there's no legal way that they make you return the vehicle.

Roger and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions