How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1780
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to sell my car in the state of washington. Its registered

Customer Question

I need to sell my car in the state of washington. It's registered in Washington but the state has the title or something. I'm not sure how to sell my car and transfer title. Please advise what needs to be done. Thanks.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 5 years ago.
Hello. My name is Alex and I will be happy to answer your question.

Do you own your car outright or is there any financing/loan on your car?

Have you ever applied for the title for this vehicle and was it ever given to you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I own the car outright. I imported the car from Hawaii. I went to the DMV and they took the title and said the state is keeping it? Something like that. A piece of paper was handed to me I think.
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your follow up.

What was the document that was handed to you and which DMV did decide to keep your title from Hawaii, what was the reason?