How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 33523
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does an unincorporated nonprofit association registered in

Resolved Question:

Does an unincorporated nonprofit association registered in the state of Colorado have to register in the state of New Mexico to hold an event in New Mexico?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 years ago.
What is the nature of the event? Are you soliciting donations?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Softball Tournaments. Required to be nonprofit in order to lease city softball fields to run softball tournaments. Do not solicit donations. The state of New Mexico has not adopted the Uniform Unicorported Nonprofit Association Act.
Expert:  Loren replied 5 years ago.
If you are generating revenue in NM you will need to register the organization . The following link has the instructions and links to forms:
Loren and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you