Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I had a LLC company in florida of which I owned 80% of it.

I had a LLC company in florida of which I owned 80% of it. I closed it back in January 2012. To my surprise one of the 20% partner without my concent or approval when ahead and did a revocation on February 2012 to reopen the company I closed. can the do this without my authorization. Can i file a lawsuit aganst them for doing this without my concent or approval. Thank You
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

The answer is "yes", he can. Since he is a partner of the business, even if a small partner, provided he owns more than 10%, he is able to restart the business if he so wishes and run it himself. There is nothing improper or illegal here, you both had ownership rights to the company, and once you indicated that you closed it, he as the other partner could take it over.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you... I no longer have anything to do with the company i closed that my partner reopened. I'm not liable or have anything to do with this company reopend. Am my responsible at all for anthing on this company being reopen. I want nothing to do with this company. Am I still bound to this company even though i closed it and my partner reopened
Thank you for your follow-up.

If the company had any outstanding debts when closed, or for any debts or obligations prior to reopening, you would still be liable. Going forward you would not be--just make sure that your name is XXXXX XXXXX anywhere, and that he opened it solely under his name so as to terminate your liability to the business.

Good luck.