Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Oakley posts a defamatory remark about Pierre in "Roominate,"

Customer Question
an online social network maintained...
Oakley posts a defamatory remark about Pierre in "Roominate," an online social network maintained by SocNet, Inc., an Internet service provider. Most likely to be held liable for the remark is
Question 12 answers
Oakley.
Pierre.
Roominate.
SocNet.

Question 13 text Question 13 2 points Save
Reaching for a bottle of soda from a display in a Bargain Mart store, Cody slips in a puddle of spilled soda and falls, suffering an injury. Bargain Mart's employees are not aware of the spilled soda until Cody falls. In a suit against Bargain Mart, Cody will most likely
Question 13 answers
lose, because Bargain Mart's employees were not aware of the spill.
lose, because Cody should have exercised more care.
win, because Bargain Mart can recover from the soda bottler.
win, because the spilled soda was foreseeable.

Question 14 text Question 14 2 points Save
Dru tells his Excel Company coworkers that Fiona, Excel's office manager, is stealing from their employer. The statement is defamatory only if
Question 14 answers
a coworker believes it.
Fiona feels as if she were falsely imprisoned.
the statement is true.
the statement is false.

Question 15 text Question 15 2 points Save
Based on our discussion of this topic in clase, please describe the essence of the meaning of the term fraudulent misrepresentation in one word. (One word only. No credit will be given for answers exceeding one word.)
Question 15 answers
Skip Visual Text Box Editor buttons
Expanded

Bold Italics Underline Strike through
Subscript Superscript
Align Left Align Center Align Right
Numbering Bullets Indent Left Indent Right
Collapsed
Expanded
Path: body

Question 16 text Question 16 1 points Save
Unforeseen difficulties that justify a demand for additional compensation include risks ordinarily assumed in business.
Question 16 answers
True
False

Question 17 text Question 17 1 points Save
An offer may invite an acceptance to be worded in such specific terms that the contract is made definite.
Question 17 answers
True
False

Question 18 text Question 18 1 points Save
Resolving whether a promise should be enforced is the essence of contract law.
Question 18 answers
True
False
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/17/2012
Business Lawyer: socrateaser, Attorney replied 5 years ago
socrateaser, Attorney

Question 12 answers
Oakley.

Question 13 answers

Question 14 answers

the statement is false.

Question 15 answers
scienter

Question 16 answers
True

Question 17 answers
True

Question 18 answers
True

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate the public about the law. Please help me in this effort by clicking Accept for my Answer to your Question. If you have a subscription account, clicking Accept does not create any additional charge. It merely gets me credit for my Answer.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!

socrateaser, Attorney
how much for one question ?
socrateaser, Attorney