Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

need advice on giving offical notice for a meeting of the board

Customer Question
of directors for a corporation...
need advice on giving offical notice for a meeting of the board of directors for a corporation in texas. can this be via email or does it have to be via fed ex or certified mail. Also, once the meeting begins; can the majority of the board (who comprise 66% of the ownership of the company) introduce resolutions to be passed the same day of the board meeting.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/3/2012
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 5 years ago
Unless your bylaws specify that electronic notice is allowed, you have to give notice through US mail, first class. Changes to bylaws have to be submitted in accordance with the bylaws, which should state how many days notice must be given to propose a change to the bylaws. If this is not a bylaw or operating/membership agreement change, merely a resolution, then notice of the meeting with the agenda to be discussed is sufficient notice for them to introduce and pass a resolution to be effective immediately.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney