Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I need to file motion to request an extension of time to respond

Customer Question
to a appellee's breif, is...
I need to file motion to request an extension of time to respond to a appellee's breif, is there a specific form that has to be used to file this motion? If so, is there a source for this form available free?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/3/2012
Business Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 5 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
There is no specific form that I am aware of for this. You can probably take the form used to ask for an extension of time to file the transcript and alter it.

The forms that the court makes available are at http://www.in.gov/judiciary/2708.htm and there is a pro se guide to appeals at http://www.in.gov/judiciary/cofc/2332.htm

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney