Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

I am a Physical Therapist working/living in NM. I am considering…

Customer Question
I am a Physical Therapist...
I am a Physical Therapist working/living in NM. I am considering acquiring an outpatient PT private practice. I have been in touch with the property/practice broker. He has emailed me the CBR. Is this a golden opportunity or do PT practices or is this something that happens frequently in San Diego,CA?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/3/2012
Business Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 6 years ago
Fran-mod

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Yes, still waiting.
Business Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 6 years ago

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 years ago
I am afraid we do not understand specifically what you are asking about "golden opportunity" and is this common practice. Can you please explain more and clarify what you are asking so we can help you.
RE:Golden opportunity
Is an outpatient PT private practice that is for sale a rare occurrence that I should take advantage of?
We cannot say that this is a rare occurrence, you as the buyer have to conduct your due diligence into the practice to determine exactly why it is being sold (the owner may be ill or needs to move or is just retiring or it could be because the practice is in financial hardship). You need to not only look at the patient records and number of patients, but you need to get permission from the seller to verify bank income records and also to contact insurance companies they deal with to verify their billing reports. There is much more to this to know if it is a good deal or just someone looking to dump a practice that has not been profitable to them and generally parties looking to make this type of purchase from out of state hire a CA corporate attorney to conduct a due diligence investigation into the business before buying it.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”