How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Law Your Own Question
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MShore Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I run a business. We had a local attorney try

This answer was rated:

My husband and I run a business. We had a local attorney try to do some debt collection for us in amounts over 10,000.00. My husband had met with the attorney 7 months ago and gave him all the paperwork on the delinquent customers etc. Since then, this attorney has completely ignored us. The attorney has all the originals we need to sue this customer. For the past 2 months I have left messages every week because he is supposedly not "in the office". Yesterday, I stopped by and told them I need my originals back and his secretary said that the attorney will get back to me, again. He obviously isn't going to get back to me but I need my paperwork back so I can hire someone else. What can I do to get my papers back?
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Have you sent a letter, via certified mail, requesting the return of your materials? If not, you should and should cc the NY Bar on the letter to convey to the recipient attorney that you will file a complaint against him should he not release the documents. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
MShore Law and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you