How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31768
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if i were a cargiver for michigan medical marihuana patients

Customer Question

if i were a cargiver for michigan medical marihuana patients and i needed to get an appraisal done for a loan on the house i am living. would i run into problems with getting the loan? would most appraisers have the need to see paperwork or need to take pictures of the medical portion of the basement.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
Hi - my name is Kirk and I'm a Business litigation attorney here to assist you.

As long as what you're doing is legal - meaning that you have a license to grow the plants in your home it should not cause you any trouble with borrowing money.

Also, an appraiser is going to have to view and photo all portions of the home - including the basement. The lender is going to want information on the home business area in the appraisal.