Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

i have a business idea which i like to have an analysis and

Customer Question

i have a business idea which i like to have an analysis and market research in my area
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 years ago.

bizlaw :

Are you asking how you protect your idea during this process? Could you give me an idea of the general nature of the idea and how you would test it?

JACUSTOMER-ue558ap0- :

i am considering opening a gadget repair store sort of electronic smart phone repairs and such,the area is metro detroit in michigan but before i want to proceed i like to have a market research before investing

bizlaw :

This type of concept is not protectable. There are two ways to protect intellectual property. Inventions that can be patented and copyright which is a unique expresssion of an idea or concept. Copyright does not protect the idea it just protects the expression of the idea. A book is a classic example of a copyright. If you have a logo you plan to use as part of the test market, you can protect that logo by trademark. Otherwise the best protection you will have is once you determine the idea has merit to quickly implement it so you have the advantage of being the first with the business model.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

JACUSTOMER-ue558ap0- :

i am not asking for protection of an idea,would you please reread my question

bizlaw :

Are you asking me or someone on this site to analyze your idea and market test it?

JACUSTOMER-ue558ap0- :

i am asking you

bizlaw :

I cannot evaluate your idea or market test your idea. I answer legal questions. If that is what you need this site will not provide the type of evaluation you seek. If that is what you want let me know I will opt out and someone else can help you.

JACUSTOMER-ue558ap0- :

please do

bizlaw :

OK do not respond further until another expert contacts you.