How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Law Your Own Question
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MShore Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am not sure if you can help or not, I think my question is

This answer was rated:

I am not sure if you can help or not, I think my question is related to laws of entertainment, but I thought business might be close. I do a lot of singing in church and use accompaniment tracks. I know that you cannot record your own CD's using these tracks and then sell them for money. My question is can you record using these accompanimant tracks to make your own CD if you are just giving your CD's away as gifts.

Thank you
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. How many recipients do you anticipate?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

For friends as gifts, perhaps 10. I would record 5 or 6 songs on the CD recording to the full length of the song.


I would also like to send to churches in the area, snippets of several songs that I would be singing to, using just parts of the songs on the accompaniment tracks as demonstrations. Kind of like a promo CD to use to introduce myself and my music ministry.


Hope this helps

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX gifts would not be a problem, however using the songs on your demo is problematic as you are using the copyrighted material as a commercial instrument to promote yourself. Though rarely pursued, such use can be the subject of litigation. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
MShore Law and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you