How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MDLaw Your Own Question
MDLaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 6135
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MDLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to open an online store on I will be

This answer was rated:

I would like to open an online store on I will be selling handmade crochet items. I am located in PA. My questions are: Do I need to get a tax ID number? Will I need to charge tax to my customers? Will I need to report my earnings if they are under a certain $ amount?
Are you forming a corporation?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If you will be including your income on your personal tax return, then you don't need an additional tax ID number. You will just be using your SS number. PA does require you to collect sales tax on your sales if they do not fall within one of the exceptions as listed on the link below.. You can contact the PA Dept of Revenue for information on what you need to do to register. Their website can be found at the following link:

You will need to report all of your earnings to the IRS as income.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. Otherwise, please remember to hit the green ACCEPT button as that is the only way that we experts get compensated for our time, expertise, and research. We do not get paid by the website and so we rely on customers to honor the honor system and accept our responses so that we can continue to provide this service to people such as yourself. When leaving feedback, please also remember that we experts do not make the laws. We only report what the laws are and so please do not shoot the messenger.
MDLaw and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you