How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10602
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How would you undertake a JV with a government as a construction,

Customer Question

How would you undertake a JV with a government as a construction, consultancy and management company?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 years ago.

bizlaw :

Could you clarify your question. Why would a government need a joint venture partner? What is the project involved and what would your role be?

JACUSTOMER-bc85dnf3- :

Well there is a need in the contruction industry to deliver committed projects for the community and we plan to make a proposal to government so that thee committed projects get executed in time and in budget.

Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 years ago.
I want to be sure I understand what you have in mind. Are you proposing to serve as project manager on behalf of local governments when they have construction projects? You would review plans, construction schedules, assure milestones are met before payments are made, and things of this nature? Is the service you want to offer to governments? If so is your question how would you present your company and its services to a government?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes and also include for the design and quantity surveying but in a joint venture as this company will also be able to undertake private work. One important point is that we will second some employees from the government civil service as part of the plan. Apart from the business set up which is the legal advice.


Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 years ago.

You can be organized as any type of business entity to provide the services you want to provide. You can be a corporation or an LLC and provide those services. I do not know what you mean be "second some employees" from the government civil service but if you are planning on paying government civil service to work for you on these government projects you may have some serious conflict of interest issues in doing that. That is a questionable approach if that is what you mean.



The key to making your business model a success is to be able to demonstrate to a government agency that hiring you will be not only cost effective but also lead to better performance of the projects in terms of on time and within budget completion. If you have some history of doing this successfully, you will have a better chance of selling such services.


If you have more questions please let me know as I am responding to what I understand your question is.


If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.