MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

when a deposit is due after a contract has ended. Say contract

when a deposit is due after a contract has ended. Say contract ends 1-15-2012 deposit is returned no later than 30 days right or wrong?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions.Is this a commercial lease?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The business is childcare. My clients are on a month to month contract with a 2 week deposit.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX within which the deposit must be returned is governed by the terms of the contract, absent a provision in the contract speaking to this, it would be a reasonable period, e.g. 30 days. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If no term is given in the contract 30 days is sufficient and I'm not going against any law?
Yes, that is correct.