How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 33752
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi in 2003 I Started internet radio Show as hobby. And I want

Customer Question

in 2003 I Started internet radio Show as hobby. And I want to trademark the name.
I was wondering When I Fill out the form for Trademark my show name. Do I pay trademark office and than they serach see if i can trademark it?
And also Trademark name is XXXXX XXXXX protected like if someone try use it I Can sue theam? or ask theam not to use it?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
The trademark office doesn't do a search for you, that's up to you or your lawyer, all they will do is deny it. If someone tries to use a name that you have trademarked then you can tell them not to use it and then sue them if they continue.

You may want to consider hiring an attorney to file the trademark paperwork because it isn't quite as easy as it seems. When you trademark something you do it for various categories and you need to be sure you do it in the correct ones for what you want to use it for.

The lawyer will also do the search for you.

However, if you choose not to use a lawyer then you can try it yourself be searching online at

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



I got question. I want to Open Nonprofit and this group will accept donations from all 50 states in USA.


When I Go on Some Websites they Do not say they registered in there as a nonprofit corporation
When I got my friend web site who has non profit it says
Zylofone is registered in New York State as a nonprofit corporation.
Zylofone is a public charity exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3)
of the Internal Revenue Code.

My Question is If I want people from all 50 states able to donate to my Nonprofit Do I still need to registered in New York State as a nonprofit corporation?

Do I need a EIN Number Even thu I am owner and Volunteer as well as my workers will be Volunteer No pay?


Should I Fill out the EIN Number first and file with NYS And Get 501c from IRS?