Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I have a suggestion for the banking industry to increase their

Customer Question
revenues without causing hardship to...
I have a suggestion for the banking industry to increase their revenues without causing hardship to their customers. I need to copy-wright my ideal and require a lawyer to work with me and receive payment when the process is complete.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Business Law
1/1/2012
Business Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 5 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Unfortunately, you can't copyright or trademark an idea just the expression of the idea. That is why nobody owns a copyright or trademark to credit cards, debit cards, checking account fees, etc.

Your best course of action is to find an intellectual property lawyer and pay him for an hour of his time and then explain your idea to him and see if he can figure out a way to protect it. You might try www.ewplaw.com.

By paying him for his time the attorney client privilege attaches, which you don't have on here, and you are safe in explaining your idea to him. Since this is an open forum you don't want to put the actual idea on here.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney