How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David L Your Own Question
David L
David L, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 3255
Experience:  Corporate and Business lawyer since 1997
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
David L is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am incorporating a new company, a C-Corp that will be a holding

Customer Question

I am incorporating a new company, a C-Corp that will be a holding company for the ownership I own in various companies, and any that I buy in the future.

Currently I have three companies.

One C-Corp that is owned by my S-Corp.

One S-Corp that owns the previous C-Corp.

One LLC that I own personally.

How do I transfer ownership of each of these companies to my new holding C-Corp?


Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I am still awaiting an answer.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  David L replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Thanks for asking your question. Normally, I will purchase a corporate minute book for each entity, which comes with stock shares and other various materials. You can issue 100% stock shares from each company to the new corp. and then log those entries in the minute books of each company. That will effectuate your transfer. If you are keeping the companies in existence, that is probably all you need to do. If you are considering rolling them into the new corp., you could do a formal merger, which would require a filing with the division of corporations in your state.

Related Business Law Questions