How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1767
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

the lawyer for yellow book served me and my company with a

Customer Question

the lawyer for yellow book served me and my company with a summons filed in nassau county clerk supreme court of the state of new york on 10/07/2011......complaint is for non
payment of contract for advertising... i had paid $2853.00 ..
then i decided not to pay because of the way they listed our company which had an adverse effect getting results from our ad as the year progressed.....the summons was taped to my front door on october 24 2011...the summon says i have 40 days to respond if not served to me personnaly.....which their lawyer acknowledged....the dispute is all about how and where they placed my advertising, which resulted in a steady loss of sales that i depended on to pay for the ads....i have advertised for 40 years in the yellow phone books and when they changed to whom ever buys the biggest ad being placed ist in the books i started losing cash flow because my ads where placed improperly....what can i do to find compenstion for their lack of not following normal alphabetical listings of ads, because my company starts with the letter A.. and where they place my ads were very odd to say the least..i do not want to pay them for advertising not well done when they could have very easily done it their lawyer are asking for interest..late fees and legal fees.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 5 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for bringing your question to JustAnswer! I'm T-USA and I'll be happy to provide some valuable information!

I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

I would like to make sure that I know what information you want so that I can ensure that my response addresses the issues you're wondering about.

Please understand that it's not possible for us to develop your case here. However, we can provide educational information about the law.

What exactly do you want to know about the law?
Are you wondering whether or not a party can void a contract based on poor results?
Are you wondering whether or not a party can cease to perform on a contract based on the manner in which the other party performs?

Thank you!