Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

If a clergy starts a for-profit company are the laws governing

If a clergy starts a for-profit company are the laws governing that company different than if a lay person starts that same company?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

No. If it is a for-profit corporation/company the laws would be the same.

Generally clergy would start a non-for-profit company/corporation to obtain tax benefits and other protections under the law.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.

Bonus and positive feedback are always greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is it different if all the proceeds from any event will be donated to a charitable organization?
Generally if the proceeds are donated to a legitimate charitable organization, they would be tax deductible for the for-profit company/corporation.