Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

My C-corporation is registered in Delaware - do I need to register

Customer Question
in California as a corporation...
My C-corporation is registered in Delaware - do I need to register in California as a corporation as well? If so, is there a link to the registration document you can share?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Business Law
12/3/2011
Business Lawyer: J.Hazelbaker, Attorney replied 6 years ago
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
If you have significant operations in California, then you will need to register as a "foreign" (which simply means out-of-state) corporation.

Here is a link to the form:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/corp/pdf/foreign/corp-s&dcgen.pdf

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.

J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Should I contact them regarding their definition of "significant operations"? I have a small startup that is currently producing no revenue.
If you have no significant business assets and do not generate revenue in the state, then you would not need to register in the state.
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney