How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive just received my certificate of incorporation and my taxid

Resolved Question:

I've just received my certificate of incorporation and my taxid # XXXXX the state of delaware along with my share certificate bindings and seal.

Can I prepare my own:

Printing of share certificates (for signature by corporate officers) and preparing share transfer ledger for two initial shareholders?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®:


I am a licensed attorney and will do my best to provide you an honest and accurate answer to your important legal question.


My goal is to make your experience here highly satisfactory. Toward that end, please keep a few details in mind during our interaction:


  1. When you receive my answer, please kindly click the ACCEPT button. This is the case regardless of whether you are paying for just one question or are using any type of subscription plan or promotional offer. Doing so does not terminate our dialog. I will gladly continue our discussion, without additional charge, if needed. I receive no wages or salary for my time.

  2. I am a lousy mind reader. If you do not supply information to me, I do not know it. Please, give me the needed details to work with so I can provide you with the best possible service. Also, if you use the RELIST or BLOCK features, our discussion ends and I may no longer be able to assist. Please, just write back to me, directly, and talk to me.

  3. Also, while I make every effort to work in a timely fashion, answering legal questions is not an instantaneous process. I am required to conduct research, interact with multiple customers simultaneously and sometimes take a break. Also, there may be times when I have to sign off for the night or to attend to other obligations. Rest assured, however, I will get back to you.

  4. If you have a new legal question, the terms of this site ask that you post it in a separate thread. In other words, please be fair and reasonable. You can direct any future questions to my attention. Just go to my Profile Page, type in the text box "ask Your Question", click the hyperlink that says "15 minutes", and use the drop down menu to select 12 hours.

  5. Please remember that many times even attorneys disagree with the law. But, we cannot change it. The answer I give you is based on my years of legal education and professional practice. It may well not be what you were hoping to hear. I will be upfront and direct. I will not mislead you, misstate the law to suit your hopes, or agree just to meet your expectations.

  6. Lastly, please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated. Information provided is informational and not legal advice. I am not your attorney. No attorney-client relationship exists between us. Consult legal counsel in your jurisdiction.


QUESTION: "Can I prepare my own: Printing of share certificates (for signature by corporate officers) and preparing share transfer ledger for two initial shareholders?"


ANSWER: Yes, sure you can absolutely do so. I do not mean to give a "plug" for any particular commercial entity, but simply performing an Internet search using the terms "Delaware corporate kit" or similar words will yield numerous results. Here is a very helpful (and free!) tool as well: Corporation Stock Certificates. Just scroll down the page to reach the highlighted (blue ink) link, which takes you to the free document (Adobe Acrobat pdf format).

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Oh actually I already have bought my corporate binder thingy and have a whole slew of share certificates. Can I just fill those out myself for myself and my co-founder? With a pen or does it have to be on a computer?
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 5 years ago.

Hello again,


Thanks for writing back -- good to hear from you.


You are quite welcome-- my pleasure to be of service.


I will be glad to comment further -- please see below.


I have answered your question on the honor system, so I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you click "Accept" Many thanks in advance!


QUESTION: "Can I just fill those out myself for myself and my co-founder? With a pen or does it have to be on a computer?"


ANSWER: Good to hear about already having the corporate binder. One could technically create everything from scratch, but having some sort of kit is a really handy time saver. As to the formalities surrounding share certificates, either pen or something more formal (i.e. typewriter) will suffice. In fact, although it might seem surprising, these items can even be entirely handwritten and still be perfectly lawful. So, it comes down to custom and usual practice (i.e. typed is usually regarded as looking nicer and more professional) rather than a matter of any actual legal requirements.


I hope all goes smoothly for you with this matter.


Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!


[Please click "Accept" -- this is the only way I get paid for my work and services provided.]

LawHelpNow and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions