How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just received my incorporation paperwork from the state of

This answer was rated:

I just received my incorporation paperwork from the state of delaware and now need to obtain my secretary’s certificate from them. How do I do this?

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®:


I am a licensed attorney and will do my best to provide you an honest and accurate answer to your important legal question.


My goal is to make your experience here highly satisfactory. Toward that end, please keep a few details in mind during our interaction:


  1. When you receive my answer, please kindly click the ACCEPT button. This is the case regardless of whether you are paying for just one question or are using any type of subscription plan or promotional offer. Doing so does not terminate our dialog. I will gladly continue our discussion, without additional charge, if needed. I receive no wages or salary for my time.

  2. I am a lousy mind reader. If you do not supply information to me, I do not know it. Please, give me the needed details to work with so I can provide you with the best possible service. Also, if you use the RELIST or BLOCK features, our discussion ends and I may no longer be able to assist. Please, just write back to me, directly, and talk to me.

  3. Also, while I make every effort to work in a timely fashion, answering legal questions is not an instantaneous process. I am required to conduct research, interact with multiple customers simultaneously and sometimes take a break. Also, there may be times when I have to sign off for the night or to attend to other obligations. Rest assured, however, I will get back to you.

  4. If you have a new legal question, the terms of this site ask that you post it in a separate thread. In other words, please be fair and reasonable. You can direct any future questions to my attention. Just go to my Profile Page, type in the text box "ask Your Question", click the hyperlink that says "15 minutes", and use the drop down menu to select 12 hours.

  5. Please remember that many times even attorneys disagree with the law. But, we cannot change it. The answer I give you is based on my years of legal education and professional practice. It may well not be what you were hoping to hear. I will be upfront and direct. I will not mislead you, misstate the law to suit your hopes, or agree just to meet your expectations.

  6. Lastly, please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated. Information provided is informational and not legal advice. I am not your attorney. No attorney-client relationship exists between us. Consult legal counsel in your jurisdiction.


QUESTION: " How do I do this?"


ANSWER: Congratulations on your business and best wishes for success in your endeavors! You can obtain this document by submitting: Certification Request Memo. Please just click the link to access the form (fillable format) including instructions.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Awesome!! Do you know which type of certificate I should request? The ones below are the ones on the form link you gave me. I am a small startup with no revenue creation yet. I just need the secretary certificate for business partnership with apple itunes store. They just want proof of incorpo etc.

Type of Certificate Requested
Certified Copy of All Charter Documents
Certified Copy of Charter Documents, Restated Forward
Certified Copy Filed on
Short Form Good Standing (check if additional language req.)
Tax reports filed
Taxes paid to date
No taxes assessed
Long Form Good Standing (check if additional language req.)
Tax reports filed
Taxes paid to date
No taxes assessed
Certificate in RE:
Apostille - Country
Check # XXXXX $ Enclosed

Hello again,


Thanks for writing back -- good to hear from you.


You are quite welcome-- my pleasure to be of service.


I will be glad to comment further -- please see below.


I have answered your question on the honor system, so I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you click "Accept" Many thanks in advance!


QUESTION: "Do you know which type of certificate I should request?"


ANSWER: Sure, this is just called a Certificate of Good Standing. Actually, for this type of use, I think I have a better (free of charge!) solution you can do online. The instructions I provided pertain to ordering (for a fee) a certified copy. For the situation you have described, usually what is called a "status" will suffice. Start by going here: General Information Name Search. When you see your corporate name, just click on that link. You can simply print out the next screen as proof. If more is required, just follow the directions to obtain more "official" information for $10 or $20. If anyone requires validation, just provide your entity file number and your authentication number such as this example: Validation. Then, to validate, just input that date here: Certificates Validation. Generally, however, I doubt you will even need this -- just mention in case it comes up.


I hope all goes smoothly for you with this matter.


Take care and thanks again for choosing JustAnswer®!


[Please click "Accept" -- this is the only way I get paid for my work and services provided.]

LawHelpNow and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions