How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Law Your Own Question
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MShore Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our small NJ "C" corp provides market research to a unit of

Customer Question

Our small NJ "C" corp provides market research to a unit of a large NY bank. The bank has sold the unit to another firm and the deal should close by the end of the year. The unit of the Bank terminated our services around Sep 1, 2011 and we submitted our final bill of $44,000 at the end of September. The bank offered to pay us about half, which we declined. We do not expect them to pay the invoice at all at this point. WHat are my options to get them to pay the invoice.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. What is the due date on the invoice?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
October 31, 2011
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX point there is a clear breach of contract claim you can sustain to compel payment, and indicate that if payment is not received within 10 days you will have no choice but to file suit for the sum owed you, and in addition including applicable legal fees and court costs, and any other equitable relief the court deems warranted.
MShore Law and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So what kind of attorney do I need to hire for this and what court do I file in?
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
You would be best served by a commercial litigation attorney and the suit would be filed in the county in NY where the bank is located.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, but isn't this dollar amount too small to get a good attorney?
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
No, not at all.