Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

What are the limits on responsibility for someone who has

What are the limits on responsibility for someone who has a LLC?
If the person guarantees his work for 15 yrs., is he still responbile for the 15 yrs. under a LLC?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Can you provide a few facts to put this into context?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I had a roof installed and received a contract with 15 year warranty. The gentlemen has

an LLC and seems to be missing in action right now, and I have a roof problem.

The warranty is in writing, signed by him, and I want to know if I can file a suit for what it

is going to cost me to fix it. Does his being an LLC limits his liability in any way?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
The LLC may mean he is not personally liable but that is not an absolute. Many people don't treat an LLC like a real corporation and sometimes you can make them personally liable.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.