Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Hi, Im going to explain you the story. My girlfriend

I'm going to explain you the story.

My girlfriend did business with her previous "best friend". She has been basically scammed by him and she is now on a lawsuit with him.

I'm explaining all the story on a personal blog http://www.massagenightmare.com/.

This blog is of course coming out on the "best friend" first name and last name request on google.

I put on this blog ONLY factual things, which are true and described precisely in the lawsuit.

May I be pursued for Slander from the concerned "best friend" ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
If you are publishing the truth, then the truth is the absolute defense to any claims of slander or libel. However, you have a duty to make some investigation into what she is telling you as the truth, since if you have reckless disregard for the truth and blindly publish just what she says, you could end up liable for the slander.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just rewrited everything that was on the lawsuit which is about 7-8 pages. Everything on the lawsuit has been proven by email communications, papers and everything with an attorney. So normally, I should be safe right ?
You should be safe then if you merely stick to what was published in the public records (the lawsuit).