How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 117359
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Am considering placing a restraining order against a person.

Customer Question

Am considering placing a restraining order against a person. I believe the man to be violent and dangerous.

This person is angry . . His concrete and masonry company has a judgment against a dormant / dissolved LLC ( my old building company). Construction dispute, long story, bottom-line frivolous did not care if judgment against an old LLC.nm

Am a professional builder, calve engineer, and boding contractor. This angry person has been shown g up o my jobsite, and also contracting my clients.

Also bad mouthing galore. Recently been showing up at my house and scaring my wife.

This man has threatened my life on multiple occasions.

Have experience at filing a restraining order. How do I? Should I call the police? Would like to send a Seace and assist letter and do I need an attorney to so
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
If he is showing up on your sites and is intimidating your customers and you and your employees, then this is grounds for you to seek such an order. You can call the police when he comes to the job site or you can simply go to the local court and file for the restraining order with the clerk and list your witnesses to his behavior. Either way is fine. Issuing him a cease and desist letter would only make things worse in most of these cases based on your description of him and his antics. It would be best to save the money and time on the cease and desist and just go to the local court and file for the order yourself and get this ended now.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Related Business Law Questions