Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I need to make some extra cash and Im a really good baker.

Customer Question
I need to make some...
I need to make some extra cash and I'm a really good baker. Can I bake and sell my goods out of my home in Pennsylvania?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 3 days by:
10/8/2011
Business Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 6 years ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
The baked goods cannot be legally sold unless they were prepared in a licensed commercial kitchen.

So I'm sorry but my answer is no, home kitchens are almost never designed to comply with the requirements for a commercial kitchen.

Some community centers have a commercial kitchen available for rent, Some restaurants might be willing to let you use their kitchen during off hours. But a home kitchen is not licensed for commercial use, and will almost certainly not be licensed without a floor drain.

There are several kitchens available for rent, listed at
http://www.commercialkitchenforrent.com/Pennsylvania-38-0.html
and at
http://rentkitchens.net/directory-of-commercial-kitchens/pennsylvania/

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Thank you for accepting my answer.
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney