Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Hello, would this verbiage work Should borrowers death

Hello, would this verbiage work?...
Hello, would this verbiage work?: Should borrowers death precede the finalization of divorce, lender shall have a claim for payment in full against the borrower's estate, including and not limited to: XXXXX Retirement Fund, (Ill add another misc asset or two), and said claim shall be a priority claim over all other creditors. Would that work?
10/2/2011
You need to state, "said claim shall be a priority claim in line with other secured creditors over all other creditors." The reason is that other secured creditors receive a security interest in order when their security interest is received and dated. So you would be behind those secured creditors in line but before any unsecured creditors.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney