Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Are the minutes of a Board of Directors meeting reviewable

Customer Question
Are the minutes of a...
Are the minutes of a Board of Director's meeting reviewable by a shareholder?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Business Law
10/1/2011
Business Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 6 years ago
Thank you for your question.

If the meeting is "open", then shareholders are free to review the minutes once they are requested. If, however, this is a private or a "closed" meeting, the shareholders cannot request the minutes. Please find out if the meeting was open or not and if it is, as a shareholder you have the right to obtain copies of those meeting minutes.

Good luck.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney