Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

im starting a non profit catering business in spokane washington

Customer Question
im starting a non...
im starting a non profit catering business in spokane washington there is a restaurant called manna i want to call my business manna catering/personal chef can i do this
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Business Law
9/5/2011
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 years ago
If they are already using the name in commerce, I am afraid they can stop you from using that same name, as you would be infringing on their name and playing on the good will of their name. Thus they can sue you to prevent the use of the name and you should not do so.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Not what I wanted to hear but helpful thank you for your time
Sorry, but the trademark laws protect these business names. lease do not forget to click accept to release your deposit if you have not done so already.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney