How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31768
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small s corp business.I set the business up, as a

Customer Question

I have a small s corp business.I set the business up, as a Nevada State corporation 2008 . I heard about it on the radio less money easy to do. I work and live in Califorina, all costermers are in califorina. what are the concinquences with the State of Califorina. Dose the business owe tax and pentilties to the state. What should I do.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Hi - my name is Kirk and I'm an Employment Law litigation attorney here to assist you.


In order to do business within the state of California, you would have to register with the Ca. Secretary of State as a foreign corporation.


Usually, income from an s-corp is passed to the shareholder, and the shareholder actually pays taxes on the income. Thus, you would owe tax on the income wherever you live.


However, there would be filing fees yearly reports due to the state of California.


I would recommend that you contact the Ca. Secretary of State to find out what you have to do to be in compliance.