How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what legal busniess papers do you have to change when getting

This answer was rated:

what legal LLC busniess papers do you have to change when getting a divorced and now your sole owner of the company now?

What type of entity?, LLC, partnership, etc. Who is the registered agent with the state?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
( LLC ) 50-50% partnership. He was, I have changed that one paperwork to my name but wasn't sure if there is more? You bring up the company name on facebook or google and his name still shows as owner even though we've been divorced for 4 years now.
By changing the paperwork I assume that means you have changed the registered agent and notified the state of his withdrawal from the LLC. If you have access to Facebook you can change that and you can also do new submissions to Google.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I changed the registered agent from his name to mine. Just that one change in paperwork is the only one that is needed?
That is all that is required in OK.
lwpat and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you