How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband and i have been together since sept 2004 he owned

Resolved Question:

my husband and i have been together since sept 2004 he owned the business he put tne bus in my name aug of 2010 so he could draw sss. he is very abuseive and is using me to his advantage what can i do this is not right.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.

WebLaw :

*Due to rules of your state bar or mine, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information to better help yourself.*

WebLaw :

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

You can file for divorce. You can obtain a restraining order.

WebLaw :

You may consider obtaining a temporary restraining order (TRO) based on fear of physical harm.Based on your post there is little doubt that the judge would later grant a permanent restraining order.

You will need to go to the local courthouse to obtain the TRO. The clerk will give you the forms and assist you. The judge will immediately sign the TRO if the forms on their face appear that you are in reasonable fear of harm

The filing fee for the TRO may be waived based on need. The sheriff will serve him promptly after the judge signs the orders. After service, if he contacts you, you may have him arrested.

WebLaw :

Please use the REPLY button if you have any questions concerning my answer. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site for answering.

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"XXXXX:

number one what is a tro number 2 this bus is in my name now what is my rights also im living in his home again what is my rights.

Ellen and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you