Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Oklahoma-Public Adjuster. Hired by an Insured to assist with

Customer Question
a total loss fire claim...
Oklahoma-Public Adjuster. Hired by an Insured to assist with a total loss fire claim. Insured signs an authorization which includes payments to include the Public Adjuster. All dwelling payments and personal property payments included the Public Adjuster. At the conclusion of the claim(1 year or so) the final payment for the additional living expenses (18,000 plus) was issued without the public adjuster on the check. Unable to collect amount owed from the insured at this point. My questions--is their any recourse for the public adjuster against the insurance carrier?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Business Law
9/1/2011
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 years ago
The recourse of the public adjuster is to file a breach of contact suit against the insured, since it was the insured's responsibility and contract with you to pay you and not the insurance company's contract with you. As the insured was liable to pay you, you can sue for breach of contract and you can do so in small claims court more likely than not.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Golub & Associates vs State Farm
Which is an IL case which grants adjusters in IL the right to place a lien on the home, which is the liability of the insured to pay.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney