How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Law Your Own Question
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MShore Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just recent create a LLC in New York, to run a Dating web

Customer Question

I just recent create a LLC in New York, to run a Dating web Site. What happened is, after I create this website, people telling me, if my business is adult related, I should choose other state for example California, and Nevada.
So, If I need to change the state, I have to re create this LLC again, However, I m living in New York, physicality I m not nor have people in California and Nevada.
Also, my website will be only doing Dating, no escort, no prostitution, But indeed adult related, there maybe issue.
so, if it will be fine to have my LLC in New york, what thing should I be careful and not to do? and what will be possibly happened in my case?
or, If I have to change my LLC to California or Nevada, what problem will i facing to, if I am not physically in that state?
So, I need a lawyer that knows well in both New York and California or Nevada adult business law, to give good suggestions.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. You should be careful to publish a policy against inappropriate behavior, expressly prohibiting such activity and making it known that it grounds for immediate termination. If you are believed to be consenting or facilitating the inappropriate behavior, you could be criminally prosecuted. You would not have a legitimate basis to claim a NV or CA business as your business does not operate in either state, and you would be subject to the laws of the state you operate in at any rate.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.