MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

I just recent create a LLC in New York, to run a Dating web

Customer Question

I just recent create a LLC in New York, to run a Dating web Site. What happened is, after I create this website, people telling me, if my business is adult related, I should choose other state for example California, and Nevada.
So, If I need to change the state, I have to re create this LLC again, However, I m living in New York, physicality I m not nor have people in California and Nevada.
Also, my website will be only doing Dating, no escort, no prostitution, But indeed adult related, there maybe issue.
so, if it will be fine to have my LLC in New york, what thing should I be careful and not to do? and what will be possibly happened in my case?
or, If I have to change my LLC to California or Nevada, what problem will i facing to, if I am not physically in that state?
So, I need a lawyer that knows well in both New York and California or Nevada adult business law, to give good suggestions.
Thanks
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. You should be careful to publish a policy against inappropriate behavior, expressly prohibiting such activity and making it known that it grounds for immediate termination. If you are believed to be consenting or facilitating the inappropriate behavior, you could be criminally prosecuted. You would not have a legitimate basis to claim a NV or CA business as your business does not operate in either state, and you would be subject to the laws of the state you operate in at any rate.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.