RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I live in the State of Nevada and am interested in incorporating

I live in the State of Nevada and am interested in incorporating my new business in another State where the licensing and regulation requirements are more favorable to my business. Type of business is internet only, data information and retrieval. What level of participation do I need from the other State, and can I reside in one State, while maintaining a business presence in another?

RGMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

RGMacEsq :

All you need is a reasonable relationship to that state where you will be incorporating. That's the good thing about internet based businesses, in that even potential future visitors or sales from that state will be enough to give you a relationship to that state.

RGMacEsq :

That's why so many companies are incorporated in Delaware, even though they don't have actual business offices there, and any business conducted in that state represents a fraction of a percent.

Customer:

Is establishing and maintaining a bank account in that State also considered a reasonable relationship?

RGMacEsq :

It's more favorable than the state that they're actually practicing.

RGMacEsq :

Yes, and you should also have an agent for service of process, as well as a mailing address (a PO box would be fine, but you should have this). There are companies that will provide this for a very nominal fee.

RGMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. If you have already clicked "accept", or if you will in the future, please let me know so I can track these for my own reports and customer satisfaction stats. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!

Customer:

Thank you. I don't have business in the new State yet....does that pose a problem? My guess is that I should make that a high priority?

Customer:

I'm in contact with a Commercial Registered Agent. Thank you.

RGMacEsq :

No, you don't have to. Again, potential customers would be enough to constitute a relationship with that state.