How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved out to Denver Colorado bought a car from a private

This answer was rated:

I moved out to Denver Colorado bought a car from a private owner and when titling the vehicle out I needed an emissions test to get plates, I had a couple of months to do it the guy said it had previously passed. I guess this is a true buyer beware situation. My problem is now I have a car that won't pass emissions in the current condition. Can I legally sell it in Colorado to a private party if on the bill of sale it states it is sold as is and a note about the muffler which I think is the problem. I came here for a job and now I don't need it as I am now unemployed and need to sell it for expenses.
Yes, you can legally sell the vehicle. Just be sure that it is marked "as is, no warranty as to emissions test or any other warranty" and you will be fine.
lwpat and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you