How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 117439
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have c-type corporation in US (MA), bank business account

This answer was rated:

I have c-type corporation in US (MA), bank business account and paypal business account at which payments from our clients comes. I spend money both ditrectly from paypal and from business bank account after withdrawal. The only official staff is me - director. But I have employee (not executed anyhow to our corporation) and I want to pay them from business account or directly from paypal to reduce taxable income. The employe is located in Europe, Czech (non-US citizenship). How to do that properly to write such payments to this person as business expenses?
If they are an employee then you would write them checks and log them in your corporate books as wages which would come off of your taxable income. You can send them money through paypal or checks it does not matter as long as in your corporate books the payments are listed as wages and at the end of the year you send them proper tax forms for the country where they are residing.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Paul! I appreciate you quick reply. So the only record of this person is our employee is the record about payment to him via paypal in corporate book?
How will I mention this moment to my CPA during tax preparing - just send them info that some paypal funds were sent to somebody ABROAD USA (!) and that we have a record thet it's a wage to employee, correct?

Do I need any other actions to make such wage payment and TAX DEDUCTION legal? Are there any limits or special requiremnt for me?
Right, you need to have it logged in your company ledgers as an expense for your CPA to use. You will need the information on the foreign employee and as I said you will need to deal with giving them whatever forms are needed in their country for taxes (you need to consult someone in that country to make the determination).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK I will press accept, but I need the final clarity: is the tax payment of this person (in his country) anyhow dealt with our US company taxes? do we need to control this process not to be penalized in US anyhow, or its ABSOLUTELY problem of that person, Paul?
You would need to consult a payroll tax expert from that country or a professional payroll tax firm regarding that issue as we are merely legal experts and that is something outside of our scope.
Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you