Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I need to know step by step how to dissolve an LLC. We were

Customer Question
I need to know step...
I need to know step by step how to dissolve an LLC.
We were incorporated in 2009
Only have an operating agreement and an EIN#
No other paperwork has been filed with the state or federal government
No taxes have been paid
My two business partners are not able to be contacted

How shall I proceed?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Business Law
7/21/2011
Business Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 6 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

Was any business conducted and income made?

It was a film production entity.

$20,000 was depostied for payment for one film.
5K went to each partner and (15K total) and 5K was meant to stay in the LLC's bank account for business expenses.

Without my knowledge my 2 busness partners deposited another $24,000 into the account that were personal payments from other work (Not film related or related to our company at all). They then proceeded to spend the 24K and the 5K on personal expenses, such as rent, cell phone and dinners.
The money was depleted in 2010. They have since either left the state with no forwarding information but an email address or are unreachable all together.

http://www.uslegalforms.com/ca/CA-DP-LLC-0001.htm

At the link above you will find the instructions and the forms you need to dissolve an LLC in CA. It is a service that I have used before and know to be reliable. If you need any support in filing out the package I will be here to help. Just write back at this thread.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers. Rest assured, I will get back to you. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by clicking on my name at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at http://www.attorneysaccess.com/ or http://www.martindale.com/.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated! Also, please know that you can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

The information you sent is information I already have...
I need information on how to proceed without my 2 business partners signatures.
I already have the forms and and the directions on how to fill them out... They all say that you need at least two signatures, which I don't have and most likely can't get.

In that case, you will have to ask the court to order the dissolution by suing your LLC members that you cannot locate. When you sue them, you will have to ask the court to serve them by publication or email or other means. If they fail to answer the suit, you can them ask the court for an order giving you sole right and power to act on behalf of the LLC for dissolution purposes without the need of other members.

http://www.llclawmonitor.com/2009/10/articles/dissolution-1/connecticut-orders-llc-dissolution-and-winding-up-member-acrimony-prevents-llc-from-carrying-on-its-business/

Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney