Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

If I own an s corporation in NY and another different s corporation

Customer Question
in CT and am the...
If I own an s corporation in NY and another different s corporation in CT and am the president of the corporation and am the only officer of the corporation and I want to opt out of doing the "corporate minutes", can I do that? And how do i do that?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Business Law
7/7/2011
Business Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 6 years ago
Loren, Attorney
Unfortunately, annual " meetings" are a minimum requirement and minutes reflecting those meetings are required to meet the necessary showing of corporate formality. You can get around having an actual meeting by taking action by unanimous written consent, if not prohibited in your bylaws, but there is no way to opt out of keeping minutes. You would run the risk of a creditor piercing the corporate veil and having personal liability imposed upon you.
Loren, Attorney
Loren, Attorney