How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BizLawyerNate Your Own Question
BizLawyerNate, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  7 Years of Legal Experience Representing Small Business Owners
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
BizLawyerNate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own an LLC in NJ. I need to get a land use certificate for

This answer was rated:

I own an LLC in NJ. I need to get a land use certificate for an office space. They are asking me for an Operating Agreement. I don't know much about it other then what I've read today on the internet. I'm a sole member. What is an operating agreement? Do I need One? How can I obtain one that's legal . There are plenty of sites that do it, I just don't know what I'm doing...

Silkia Rios
Rapid Bail Bonds

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.


An operating agreement is just the basic document that governs how an LLC is governed. You can get any sample online and it should work for your situation. Since you are the only member, it should be especially easy to draft one and submit it to the landlord.


I will be happy to follow up with you if you have additional questions. In the meantime, please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for answering your question. Of course, if you really liked what I could help you with, please consider a Bonus, too!



Nathan Moore

BizLawyerNate and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you