Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I have an LLC from the State of NV where my partner resides,

Customer Question
however I want a DBA...
I have an LLC from the State of NV where my partner resides, however I want a DBA in the State of Florida. I need to know what paperwork needs to be filed with the State of FL so I may get a DBA.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Business Law
7/3/2011
Business Lawyer: BizLawyerNate, Attorney replied 6 years ago
BizLawyerNate
BizLawyerNate, Attorney

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

Just to be clear - you want the Nevada LLC (not yourself personally) to do business in Florida under a different name.

Correct

You must first register your Nevada LLC to do business in Florida. That process is easy and is described here.

Once that is complete, you can register a fictitious name (your DBA). This can be done online.

Of course, you will also need to get a local business license as well.

I will be happy to follow up with you if you have additional questions. In the meantime, please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for answering your question. Of course, if you really liked what I could help you with, please consider a Bonus, too!

Thanks!

Nathan Moore

BizLawyerNate
BizLawyerNate, Attorney
The link you sent for filing DBA online is incorrect...please advise

Must have missed something in the paste. Here is the correct link

https://efile.sunbiz.org/ficregintro.html

Sorry about that.

Thanks I will try that...

Try this. I see what happened before.

That does not work either...please advise

Copy and paste it in your browser. The problem is that it is a secure link (https v. http). When I was making it a link, it was adding an additional "http" so it messed up.

You got it! Many thanks and have a happy 4th!

Lastly, how do I obtain a "local business license?"

You would contact your county clerk. They can assist you in doing that.
Can I do this online or do I have to go to their facility?

It depends on the county. Tell me the county and I will see for you.

Palm Beach
They changed things a little. You have to set up a local business tax account here with the Tax Collector. I do not see a way to do it online.
Where is nearest to Boynton Beach a county clerk office?
The address is at the Tax Collector link. That's where you'd have to go - there will only be one location.

So, just to be sure I understand:

1) Pay filing fee $100, complete application - WAIT FOR THEIR REPLY YES/NO

2) Designation of Registered Agent $25 - CAN I BE MY OWN AGENT?

3) Certified Copy (optional) $30

4) Certificate of Status (opional) $5

Then go online & register fictous name (DBA).

Finally go to Clerk and apply for local business license.

Is this correct?

Yes on all counts, and yes, you can be the registered agent.

Many thanks!

Don't work too hard...you'll probably be hearing from me a lot in the next few months!

Nah. Hard work could get me hurt.

Just bookmark

http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-moorelawanswers

And start your question "For Nathan". I will get right to it as soon as I can.

Thanks!

lol
BizLawyerNate
BizLawyerNate
BizLawyerNate, Attorney