How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BizLawyerNate Your Own Question
BizLawyerNate, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10686
Experience:  7 Years of Legal Experience Representing Small Business Owners
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
BizLawyerNate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a partnership, and having problems with my partner , can

Resolved Question:

i have a partnership, and having problems with my partner ,
can i sell my share to any one if my partner dont have the money to buy me out,
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  BizLawyerNate replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.


That depends on what is in your partnership agreement. What does the buy out provision state in the agreement?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am trying to recover my investment,we dont have an agreement as yet,
Expert:  BizLawyerNate replied 6 years ago.
In that case, you can. Common law rules apply, which do not prohibit you from selling your interest. You can sell it to anyone willing to buy it.
BizLawyerNate and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you