How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Law Your Own Question
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MShore Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we own a small c corporation which is our family business.

This answer was rated:

we own a small c corporation which is our family business. we want to make me an officer which i am not at present. how do we proceed
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Are you replacing an existing officer or is a new position being created?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my wife holds position of pres., vp, sec, and treas since she founded the business while i was employed elsewhere. we want to give me a title so i can opt out of workers comp and save some money
Ok, so the C-Corp is essentially creating a position/title for you?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have been employed here since 1997, but am not an officer though I am involved in everyday decisions. We are a retail store with my wife and I being the only full time employees. We have 4 part-time employees. She is now legally the vp, but want to give me that position so I can opt out of workers comp, This will in no way change the nature of our business, but will allow us to save some money. We have been married for 32 years.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX members of the C-Corp must hold a shareholders meeting to vote you in as the officer under the titled deemed most appropriate, the minutes would reflect the outcome of the vote and you would then be installed.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do I need to file this info with the state of North Carolina or do we just need to have the meeting? Thanks >C>
The meeting would be held, then the minutes would be kept on file with the C-Corp. Not filed with the state until the annual filings.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am so sorry. I mean we are an S corp and not a C corp. Please forgive me.
Not a problem, this does not change the answer however.
MShore Law and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions