How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116837
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you for reading my question; I and others I know have

Customer Question

Thank you for reading my question; I and others I know have invested money into a private software investment with a local company in Carmel California. The investment took place over six years ago with no physical proof that the organization has any intention to produce a software game at all. We occasionally receive e-mails updating us with progress that is never confirmed.

We feel that this investment is no different then the Bernie Madeoff scheme. Since there is no evidence of a game at all and this organization continues to raise money from many in the area is there a case of fraud? There has been plenty of time and from the behavior of the owner it seems it is a scheme. The money is not the issue here, we want this individual to be stopped from continuing to commit these schemes from many in the area. This individual threatens to bring legal action to you if you show any intent to investigate him and his organization. Do you have any suggestions in which way I can pursue this?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
If there is no evidence of there being any company or development, then you too have a claim for fraud and there likely is if the other investor was able to pull out with the help from the DA. What you need to do is you need to file a complaint with the Attorney General's consumer protection unit in CA and he cannot sue you for making a valid complaint against the company and they will indeed investigate because he is taking money from people without any proof of a valid purpose.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Related Business Law Questions