How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawHelpNow Your Own Question
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 7639
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
LawHelpNow is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I sue a company that invested 125k with for keeping the

Resolved Question:

Can I sue a company that invested 125k with for keeping the money 6 months after the term of the investment with no interest paid?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for choosing Just Answer®.


I am a licensed attorney and will be glad to try and assist you. To provide you with accurate information, could you please clarify this point:



  1. Can you describe what took place and supply a few details (i.e. what did your contract specify in terms of return of investment and interest, what has been the response of the company to your inquiries, is this entity regulated by the federal government, etc.)?



Once I hear back from you, I will be glad to let you know my answer. There may be some delay as I am assisting other customers or am away from my computer. Please rest assured, however, that I will get back to you as soon as possible.



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Nov12 2010 I entered into a agreement with 36th ave restaurant group in Winston Salem . The contract stated I put up 125k to purchase 27 kfc restaurants from luhin food systems . The deal would close dec. 15 2010. And at closing I would receive my 125k plus and additional 25k and 5% ownership in the company. To date I have re roe Ed nothing.
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 6 years ago.

Thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.



  1. I am a licensed attorney with business law experience. I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information. Thank you for writing back with the additional information, which was helpful to my analysis of your inquiry.
  2. "Can I sue a company that invested 125k with for keeping the money 6 months after the term of the investment with no interest paid?" First of all, please allow me to say I am genuinely sorry for your predicament. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX soon look brighter for you. To address your direct question, yes you can absolutely sue under the circumstances you have described. These events constitute a rather classic breach of contract in addition to various tort law business claims. Given the amount of money at stake here, your first step should be to confer with local legal counsel without delay. For a fairly modest fee of $50, you could schedule a consultation with a business litigation attorney through the North Carolina Lawyer Referral Service. Frankly, you absolutely need legal representation in taking on an entity such as this, especially in light of the conduct to date. If you absolutely must proceed as a pro se (self-represented) litigant, then there are a number of standardized forms available to the public free of charge as promulgated by the North Carolina Court System. Realistically, however, I truly would urge you to make speaking with a local lawyer in person your very first step.

  3. I hope that makes sense, but please do not hesitate to write back if needed. I shall be signing off soon to attend to some other professional obligations. Please rest assured, however, that I will be sure to check for any updated posts from you when I return to this online forum. I hope all works out.


I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.


If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.


The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

LawHelpNow and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you