How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118305
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had leased my property to a gas well drilling co. The land

Resolved Question:

I had leased my property to a gas well drilling co. The land manager got mad because I told him I was going to sign with another co. He told me that he would drill a well so close to my property that he would close me out and I wouldn't get a well. He then came up with what I felt was a better deal for me, saying that I would be piped in from the line that ties all the wells together. End result was that I became part of a pool, (which I knew nothing about) and as long as they had the lease, they were free to drill within 330' of the property line (I think). Well they didn't leave enough spacing and where I was to get a well ended up at 860', the minimum being 900' so they couldn't get a varience and I ended up with no well. Then the told me about it and said the lease is up with me. My question is, now that I fall within the framework of the "unsigned" and the well is now within 330' am I intitled to some form of compensation, in the form of gas?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
You have a ground here to sue them for breach of contract for their negligence and fraud in this matter and the chances are that you can also prove bad faith to argue that you are entitled to attorney's fees. You will need a local attorney to file suit against them and also to seek an injunction to stop them from pulling oil/gas from your property based on their fraud.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you